Kuala Lumpur

Place for transit, for sleeping, for food, for knowing my fourth blood's culture. A place where Chinese, Indian and Melayu culture mixed up. A place where we can see fusion of cultures and religions. A modern city with the iconic giant skyscraper, The Twin Towers. It was good to see, to hear and to feel the atmosphere of the city. Meet with Indonesian duo-solo (once with his friend for Laos and Thai, then becoming solo in a day in KL) traveler, Muchlis. With Muchlis, I spent a whole day to see Batu Caves, KL surroundings, Twin Towers, and KLCC Suria with its color light fountain. Let me show you a bit of KL.. (describe yourself about the city from the pics because I didn't write much, but I think that is enough)


Note: as my English not so good, thanking you in advance for your understanding..

Petronas Twin Towers

Batu Caves

Suria KLCC Fountain


Atmosphere of the city

The atmosphere of the city is very similar with my hometown, Jakarta. Only a few differences, such as the road, the transportation, the facilities. I think KL is more modern than Jakarta, but still I love Jakarta anyway. Transportation here so good, many directions and you can ask everybody if you get confused. People mixed up in KL; tourists, locals, foreign workers, men, women, children. The city is quite busy, crowded and rush. I rent a locker in KL Sentral to put my backpack, so I didn’t need to bring the bag along with me (because it’s quite heavy). For this facility, I gave two thumbs up because it’s very helpful for travelers who spend a day only in KL. We can find money changer agencies everywhere, so no worries if you're out of ringgits.  This one, I can say this city is tourist friendly. You guys, food traveler, this city is one of  culinary heavens in South East Asia. You can found the Malaysian authentic food, Western food, fusion food (majority with Middle East), Indian and also Chinese food. You like non halal food, just go to china town or find non halal resto. You have to eat something halal, you can find everywhere. I learned also some Melayu vocab, which is a bit awkward if I compare with my mother tongue Bahasa. So far, I love this city.

Immigration lane

KLIA Express

Inside KLIA Express


KL Sentral station (train platform)

MRT

Side by side, road and rail


Nasi Briyani + lamb curry + ice teh tarik

Learn Melayu here

Breakfast at the airport


The traffic on Sunday

KL Tower

Rail above


Petronas F1 cars replica

Write on travel journal

Yellow bird


The crowd

Indonesians meet Indian kid

Petaling Street, China Town

(Petronas) Twin Towers

Yap, this one is the icon of Kuala Lumpur, maybe for the country, Malaysia, also. The building that you have to take a photo with. As The Twin Towers is the biggest and tallest skyscraper in Kuala Lumpur, we can see it from every corner. When I was in Batu Caves (about 15 km from KLCC), I can still see the building. Here, me and Muchlis took many pics with our favorite pose, jumping. Also I asked Muchlis here to write or leave something on my travel journal.

Me at The Twin Towers

The Twins

The Twin's peak from Batu Caves


JUMP..!!

The Twins in the evening

Muchlis take a pic when I pick one's nose!


Batu Caves

I don’t know this one is a part of Kuala Lumpur or not, but one thing for sure, Batu Caves is one of the most popular touristic site in KL according travel site such as lonelyplanet.com, tripadvisor.com, etc. Batu Caves is a limestone hill that has a series of caves and cave temples. The cave is very very popular Hindu shrines outside India. To get there, you can take commuter train from KL Sentral section Gombak and stop at the end of the trip, Batu Cave station. If you come  in the mid of day, it would be very hot there, no worries, you can buy cold drinks or cold fresh fruit like what I was doing.

The pool (many fish inside)

Let's hike

Wefie when the sun is shining bright

Murugan from far

Big Hanoman statue

This pic made someone angry *sorry


The stairs

Good pose buddy!

The city view


The statues

The Giant Murugan

Ask for blessing


Second from left: the holiest one

Praying family

I don't know what/who is this


1..2..3

Me & Muchlis with Hanoman behind

Selfie


Pose in the cave

Can you see how big the cave is?

The cave's hole

Suria KLCC

This place actually one of biggest shopping centers in Kuala Lumpur. The location is side by side, no, I think it’s merged with The Twin Towers. The place is similar with another shopping center, but this one has cool backyard. What’s cool? At the backyard, we can see dancing fountain. Wait till evening, you can see how beautiful the dancing fountain is. Yap, when the sun goes down, the fountain will dance with songs and the colorful lights. And FYI, you can see this show for free, all you have to do just come to the venue.

Suria KLCC backyard

Inside Suria KLCC

Fountain in the afternoon


When the sun goes down

Evening colors

The color light fountain


When people wanna see closer

Colorful fountain

In the end of fountain show


Well, this city left a good impression in my heart. Alangkah seronoknya Kuala Lumpur. See you again, KL.. Where to go? Wherever it is.. (in Bahasa: Mau kemana? Kemana aja boleh..)









Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Goa Maria Sendang Retno Adi

Think Eco! Go Green! at Eco Green Park

Cabaret Show at Mirota/Hamzah Batik - Malioboro